Thursday, August 26, 2010

Write A Better World. I like happy endings. Join me in creating one?

Howdy Friends and Family!

I have a quick, eleventh hour request for your attention for five paragraphs.  <---This sentence does not count, nor does this one--->.Thanks in advance.

Just about to crash after a long LONG exhausting day/week/year/decade.  Grateful for the range of experience, emotion, love and loss, kindness and support that I have encountered in this most excellent course in Humanity 4.0.  Do I hold great regret or would I have made different choices in the University of Life?  Probably a few more informed choices, but I do NOT regret ANY of my life experience.  Shadow IS our greatest teacher for bringing us to the light, thanks Ram Dass, and the conflict, complexity and foibles and fables are what make us whole, human and interesting.  My heart has opened in the presence of pain, failure, and loss, my empathy grown as an appropriate response to establishing heart connection.

I have done TONS of fundraising for AIDS, breast cancer, wildlife causes, and the environment.  I often ask for your support or consideration in sharing the great good fortune of what we have.  It doesn't take hundreds or thousands to be significant. Many times, just your awareness of an issue is a most valuable contribution.

As a pay-it-forward response after receiving the lifesaving $60,000 bankruptcy settlement today, I thought, "What can I do TODAY to make someone's day better?"  Enter an email from great friend Tom Phillips of Sports Basement fame.  He let me know about a great event in support of 826 Valencia (8/26 Writeathon) http://www.826valencia.org/writeathon/8_26_Day_Write-a-thon%21.html. 826 Valencia is an outstanding nonprofit founded by Dave Eggers, which provides the opportunity for kids to write after school. Tom walks the walk in support of the arts and nonprofits, so does Dave Eggers. I admire both men. Tom and I and hopefully a few wordy pals will be ruminatin' for the Rumi Nation tomorrow.

Would you give up a beer or movie to support this great cause?  Just click this link https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=1767&VER=1&LNG=EN and enter '--Supporting Craig Hermes in Writeathon'.  Easy peasy, Bob's yer uncle. (Let me know if the links are duds.  We'll work something out. Maybe the next Shakespeare, Sedaris, Eggers or Emerson will be inspired and given a spot to hone their craft because you took the time and the heart to care.  That is the world I choose to believe in.  If you decide to donate and you let me know about it, I will send you a copy of what I write--along with loads of great karma, a deductible donation for your taxes, and my undying gratitude.  If you donate $1,000, i will do an interpretive dance in the nude.  For $10,000, I will wear clothes...

Thanks in advance for giving this appeal your attention.  It means the world to me and to the kids you're supporting.  

Namaste and Gratitude

Craig
"Tipping Sacred Cows Since 1962 (TM)"

Posted via email from hermesalchemist's posterous