Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I learned or remembered at yoga today... gather at my feet. Cubic Zirconias of Wisdom.

1)  We very rarely utilize the gift of breath.  It is the source of life and many of us, myself included are shallow, oxygen deprived mouth-breathers.

2)  It's fun listening to your tendons snap or shatter as you force them to try to be flexible.  My glass tendons are fragile.

3) Each class will make you better, but you never arrive at 'done'.  Much like the concept of meth addiction, alcohol or Facebook, it's always a process of getting there--where you never get.  I prefer attainable goals and merit badges.

4) I have something approximating a shapely ass when doing bridge or downward dog.  Now if I can only figure out how to go through 100 % of my day in oly those two poses...

 

I liked it, sarcasm aside.  It's good to give the ego a bitch slap by doing something you're NOT great at. Humble pie is necessary in every diet.

 

As they say in airy fairy land...  Nambly Pambly--I honour the uncoordinated inflexible child in you!

Posted via email from hermesalchemist's posterous